Sunday, April 25, 2010

DAYS OF THUNDER AND ASHES




Hiker girls meet another male while chasing white anemones.


"All these days coming and going; little did I know, that they were life itself".

The last weeks
life indeed seemed is coming too close,as if I have no comfort zone left.

Like when the headlines in the newspaper aren't abstracts, but concerning people I know.
The Muslim girl sent back to Iraq by her father.
I know her, know her hopes for a future in Norway, know that it doesn't include a forced marriage in the land her father had to flee from.
I wonder;how long will foreign people be permitted to violent Norwegian laws?
How many blind eyes can be turned to injustice committed to children?

On the other hand, the pater I worked with in my youth; brave, intelligent, outspoken with a sharp pen and a dozen bestsellers. Now falsely accused of an "attempted rape" on an adult. (To cover up the fact the catholic bishop actually has confessed pedophile aggression.)
Makes me wonder; don't these transgressors believe in judgment day at all?

Ash rain from Iceland spraying my delicate spring flowers, but creating the most wonderful sundowns..

The wild white anemones are here, the optimal spring sign to me.Liv took us on a hike to gather the first ones this year.
A time of thrilled devotion.

The Ramsons are sprouting under every bush in the garden.
We're enjoying leek for all of our dinner meals, but I serve it as a side dish, so it's optional.

One week ago I bought an indoor mini hot house for to sow the holy basil seeds Amrita sent me.
Today the tiny sprouts are 1 1/2 cm long.
Amrita and her dear Mom are guarding the seeds in the hot house.
Outdoors I have sowed Indian cress and planted begonias.

We had snow less than a week ago,but I simply couldn't wait any longer. It was to be or not to be for my future flowers.
May is just around the corner.

We had dinner on terrace, wearing either down jackets and fleece quilts.

Gunnar is also fixing the bathroom in the flat we have for hire. Intricate work, but he's very clever.

We have help to wash the floors, but the eager ladies are a bit heavy on the (soap)bottle, so I had to polish the wood floor in the living room laying on my knees.
I seized the moment and made this self portrait.
My summer wardrobe is still hidden in an old chest.Perhaps next week?
The public library arranged its annual "Day of the Book", serving coffee and waffles, a free rose and selling used books for one dollar. Seized the moment there as well.

Gunnar already has had a his summer hairdo, leaving his hairdresser triumphantly smiling with a kilo of hair on the floor.

My hands are black and swollen from digging, weeding and planting.
I simply cannot wear garden gloves, I so enjoy the touch of soil. A good thing I don't belong to the manicurist class.

The birds are mating, singing all day and night long. We are lucky to have black birds nesting here. They repay our feeding with wonderful thrills.
All the time the clock of my life is ticking,tacking, -- to fast for my taste.

6 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

What a lovely lovely post, my dear Felisol. Lovely pictures of the sundown and the white anemones...the shiny floor, the rose and the $1 books... your hands black from handling soil... sharing the joys of spring, and the pain of your heart as well.

I love the way you put everything together. It was like I visited you, and you told me many stories of what's happening these days...

Thank you for the sweet and gentle way you do that.

Much love
Lidj

John Cowart said...

Hi Felisol,
Yes, Spring shows itself in beautiful ways.

In my posting this morning, I quote a line from this one of yours; at times we think along the same themes.

John

John Cowart said...

Hi Felisol,
Yes, Spring shows itself in beautiful ways.

In my posting this morning, I quote a line from this one of yours; at times we think along the same themes.

John

Terry said...

dear felisol..i read down your post and had thought of what i would comment but when i saw this last picture, my eyes are so full of tears that i must come back...those precious hands of yours have helped so many people and created so many beautiful flowers and wonderful posts and comments and look at how they are suffering and you without one word complaint have always been there when i have emailed you when i was in distress.
felisol you are my bestest and i love you so much...love terry

Amrita said...

Dear Felisol, its so good to see you hiking sisters keeping active and fit together.May you have many combined adventures.

Hope the ash does not damage your enviroment too much. I see the Morway is quite close to Iceland. The anemones look so fresh and lovely.

I am so glad the holy basil is sprouting. Our s will come up after the rainy season.
I like your indoor hot house. Here we don 't need one-perhaps a cool house ha-ha!

Its so sad when terrible things happen to people we know, then they are not merely newspaper stories. We were affected like this last week. May the Lord help and protect the sweet child who has been sent away.

You have the hands of a wife, mother, caregiver and home maker, and praying child of God your hands have many stories to tell.

Mrs. Mac said...

My thoughts: April showers bring May flowers. You have been busy. I know what you mean about feeling the dirt. My hands were permanently stained once from not wearing gloves .. I had to use sand paper to clean them .. now I make a nice gardener's soap (maybe I'll send you a bar) that works wonders.