Sunday, May 06, 2012

Value of Money




Can you see God is writing on his vast canvas? I wonder what He's thinking as that sun is going down over Haugesund city.


Maybe He's tired of His children trying to become gods themselves? 
"One more step and I'll have the sun under my feet."
 
How tired He must be of me, never being content, always craving for more, more. I have all a woman could ask for; my dear family, a home, few, but dear friends, sight, hearing, books, food, music. Then I went to buy a lottery ticket to win more money. 
I had this weird idea, I so wanted to buy a house for my husband. 
Suddenly my eyesight was disturbed, not only spiritually, but physically. 
Now I see what I could not see; that all the money in the world cannot replace my eyes, nor any of the above mentioned blessings.

So teach us to number our days, that we may get us a heart of wisdom.

10 comments:

steveroni said...

AMEN!

Well, I believe God--if He is thinking--might say to Himself, "All is as it supposed to be. Everything is in control. After all, LOOK WHO IS IN CHARGE!!!"

Nice Pictures Felisol!

You wrote:
"How tired He must be of me, never being contempt..." That word is "CONTENT" OK? (Accent on second syllable.) Hope you don't mind....
PEACE...ALWAYS, Fel!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

You are so easy to love Felisol! You spit out the words that I think many many times, and always temper it with God's wisdom, which He gently instructs us with. I had to laugh at this one... your descriptions are so funny and so true.

Happy weekend in the very house which God has already given you!! :)

Mrs. Mac said...

Perspective gives us a new meaning to the value of money. Sometimes we lose sight of God and His perspective of what He has blessed us with. It's good to check our hearts and see if we are excluding God in our lives by putting 'things' first. Nice reminder :)

Felisol said...

Steve E,
You are right. The word is content.
I must correct it immediately.
Hope Gunnar doesn't see my error and treat me with contempt.
Nah, he wouldn't do that. He knows me, and he loves me the way I am.
That IS a wonder.

Roan said...

Well said, Felisol. And beautiful pictures to bring the point home.

Maria Stahl said...

I learn so much when I contemplate on your blog post.

(And honestly? the use of the word contempt got me thinking in yet another useful direction.)

Crown of Beauty said...

I love this post, Felisol... you are so right... all the money in the world cannot buy us what really matters in eternity!

Lovely pictures, as always.

Love
Lidia

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Beautiful sunset pics! Yes, it is better to have not too much or not too little in this earthly life and be content. Amen we do need to number our days and thank God every day.The blessings are many to number starting with when we open our eyes and see in the morning ,our breath, our ability to move and get out of bed,etc, etc, everything is a gift from God.

Amrita said...

Awesome pictures.

Yes God uses the heavens as a scroll and we are his living letters too.

People may never open a Bible but they can read our lives.

Amrita said...

Yes Felisol I thank God for all His blessing although dimished I have sight, hearing and movement. I have my books, music, my pet, garden, church fellowship and beautiful friends like you, so much to thank the Lord for