Monday, January 21, 2013

Carpe Ruby Diem

Buildings talk. They tell a history of times gone by, of the people who lived there and also maybe, of thing's decay and death.
This little, red painted, worn shed has spoken to me since I first spotted it in a sharp bend on the road between my home in Haugesund and my paternal home in Sauda. The road is so narrow and the speed so high, we kind of never got the time to stop for taking a picture. It tormented me. It's evident that the old building, once housing cotters for the great farm nearby, can collapse any day.
In November the weather was awful as we were driving from home to home. The windshield wipers hardly were able to wash away the rain flood. We drove at snail pace, and I got to capture a shot of my little vulnerable building.

The red shed telling
tales of love and labor to
people passing by
 

Photo  © 2012 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Ruby Tuesday 2
.

11 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

It looks to be encased in ice.

Crown of Beauty said...

Such a beautiful shot, dear Fel.

I agree with CHeryl, it seems encased in ice, and frozen in time.

It will be forever etched in your heart.

As I go to my devotionals in a while, I am once again lifting some of my blog friends before the throne - you are always one of those I pray for, dear friend.

Unknown said...

I really like this picture. It reminds me how fragile life on earth is. Here one minute and gone the next. Lord, teach me to number my days, that I may get a heart of wisdom.

Debbie Petras said...

What a great photo! At first I thought it was a painting but it was the rain as you described. Simply beautiful Felisol.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Liz said...

Love this shot!

My entries:
Liz (mcn)
Liz (mot)

lina@womens perspectives said...

Looks dramatic. Uniquely captured.

Gemma Wiseman said...

That special moment of rain was meant to give you this moving, beautiful photo! The moment seems to capture a life slowly slipping into legend!

Amrita said...

Very true Felisol, buildings do talk. My house tablks to me

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Elise,

Around here, we LOVE waffles. I'm going to try your mother's recipe. It's very different from the one I use.

(((Annie)))

Felisol said...

Dear Annie,
Many make waffles with baking powder and buttermilk, that is a different recipe.
This batter need to rest about 30 minutes after stirring. You may also well keep the batter in the fridge, cooler, for days.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful texture!

Catching up with Ruby Tuesday.
My RUBY