Sunday, April 08, 2012

Our Father 2


Hallowed be your name.
We have a Father with a name that must be held Holy.
My mother used to say that she preferred men cursing to women disgracing God's name.
I wonder why that is a woman thing, "Oh my"?
My language may not be the best, so I shouldn't throw any stone.
I just wish for the ones ill-using God's holy name, that they might learn to know him.
Remember you are dust, remember you are more than dust.

He is our dear, loving, caring Father.
He is also God Almighty, the first and the last, creator of the universe.
Hallowed be your name.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy Easter dear Elise! You know, I feel the same as your mother. :) I would so rather hear people swearing than taking the Lord's name in vain. I don't think it's judgmental to think this really, I think that the Holy Spirit is deeply grieved by this. I know I truly hate hearing it and feel something inside me protest at the misuse of the Lord's name.

But anyway I wish you and your family a beautiful and blessed Easter! God bless you!

Roan said...

Good post. Stopping by to wish you a Happy Easter. Thanks for the help on mine. I agree with your choice.

Amrita said...

The name of the Lord is holy. People don 't remember that and use it meaninglessly.

It should be used in prayer or to send a distress signal to God, not loosely without meaning.

The flower field is so beautiful.

Pray God 's blessing on Monten and all of you. Hope you received the card I sent.

Yesterday soomeone mischieviously set fire to a heap of woood and grass which we had cleared on my church campus. These are anti people who don' t like the Gospel meetings on our premises. It took us more than 2 hours to pout the fire out and some it kept burning till this morning.

God bless our enenmies we are praying. Keep us in prayer

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Amen, I agree with your mother.
That pic is amazingly beautiful !