- Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky,
- The flying cloud, the frosty light;
- The year is dying in the night;
- Ring out, wild bells, and let him die.
- Ring out the old, ring in the new,
- Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
- The year is going, let him go;
- Ring out the false, ring in the true.
- Ring out the grief that saps the mind,
- For those that here we see no more,
- Ring out the feud of rich and poor,
- Ring in redress to all mankind.
- Ring out a slowly dying cause,
- And ancient forms of party strife;
- Ring in the nobler modes of life,
- With sweeter manners, purer laws.
- Ring out the want, the care, the sin,
- The faithless coldness of the times;
- Ring out, ring out thy mournful rhymes,
- But ring the fuller minstrel in.
- Ring out false pride in place and blood,
- The civic slander and the spite;
- Ring in the love of truth and right,
- Ring in the common love of good.
- Ring out old shapes of foul disease,
- Ring out the narrowing lust of gold;
- Ring out the thousand wars of old,
- Ring in the thousand years of peace.
- Ring in the valiant man and free,
- The larger heart, the kindlier hand;
- Ring out the darkness of the land,
- Ring in the Christ that is to be.
- Alfred Lord Tennyson and Felisol
You have justly embellished Tennyson and made him shine. Lovely poem and even more lovely photo. Ice and the North Wind .. can be beautiful (from the comfort of home:) Happy New Year dear friend from across the sea. Give my best wishes for a good new year to your family from the Mac's.
Beautiful photo, and the Tennyson poem rings with so much truth and relevance, even to my own life.
Ring out the false, ring in the true...
Dear Felisol, I have to let you know that you have been a faithful blog friend to me - visiting often, and commenting often... I so appreciate your heart, your insights, your thoughts, your love, yes your loyalty to me.
Happy New Year. Blessing abound in your life this 2011.
I haven't been able to comment recently but I do read your postings. I always appreciate your insights (except James Joyce lost me) and I enjoy the lovely photos you post of your beloved homeland and family.
Happy New Year.
is a winter wonderlan d photo. Makes me like snow - its so beautiful.
Its snowing in the mountains in India too. Tourists are going there to experience an d enjoy it.
Happy 2011 to you an d your friends and family.
Well done! Just wonderful. Sorry I have been such an infrequent visitor. I think of you often even if I don't blog on over. I do appreciate your kind words at my blog and am always awed by the beauty of your photos and your thoughts.
May 2011 bring you all good things. I don't know why, since there is so much turmoil in the world, but I think 2011 is going to be a good year.
My ears are ringing! Personally, there are several items in that classic on which I need major work.
Thank you for reality--mine!
Happy New Year, Felisol! The
poem is beautiful and I enjoyed
it much. I wish you and yours
a joyous and prosperous New
Year in our Lord and Savior
It's All About Jesus,
Oh Felisol...after this post I need to go and find myself a book filled with the words of Tennyson!
Beautiful post my friend.
I will...Ring out the words of Christ.
Post a Comment