Wednesday, January 12, 2011

3 MINUTES MEDITATION


We need both bread & roses.



I have become like a blog raven; I steal silver from my fellow bloggers. It's New Year and time for reflection. Scarf Sister Pat put it so wonderfully in her post today, " I believe in second chances." Amen to that. I need second chances and new hopes for my personal development. I have been flunking forth grade in the school of life for decades.

Autumn outdoor meditating as good as it gets

My friend Annie talked about three minutes of meditation every day. Knowing that meditation always is good for me, I grabbed the idea. I can do three minutes, I sure can. Being a blogger queen I searched for the topic and found the instruction...3 minutes meditation. I have already began, sitting on the brown pillow, looking out in the garden, with Kitty by my side. http://www.peterrussell.com/TV/3Min.php
Annie, your site is even better, I think I can manage 6 minutes and use both.
http://www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer.htm

Third theft I made from Mrs. Mac, at least I think she was the one who wrote about the new way of being a consumer on a low cost budget. Buy what you need, not what you want. I am making lists before I go to the grocery store. We shall have what we need, but not heaps of trade deal food making us fat and uncomfortable.
Three good beginnings for body, soul and mind.

Norwegian cheese slicer, a tool for the thrifty household.

13 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

I like your 'three' body, soul and mind list. One is not good without the other. I actually found a similar cheese slicer at a thrift store a few months ago .. vintage with a faux tortoise shell handle .. nice for thinly slicing calorie laden cheese. What a good start to the new year you have. I'll have to check out the three minutes meditation site. Blessings to you dear friend.

Saija said...

your picture reminds me of the many finnish tables i've seen laid you ... i guess we are sort of sisters in that way too! ...

and i was nodding amen after reading Pat's post in scarf sisters ... it's a good thing when we want to grow in the Lord and leave the past behind, only looked at as a reminder of how far we've come ...

blessings on you!!!

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh! Look at that, Elise. You found a different three minute retreat. Mine is here: http://www.loyolapress.com/3-minute-retreats-daily-online-prayer.htm

Like you, I have been thinking very much of what I need, not what I want and list-making helps accomplish this. My upcoming post that I'm working on is what I've come up with so far to reduce possessions and simplify.

Nakamuras on Saipan said...

This is great! I love it!! I think I need to do this more often. I find myself getting too burdened with life and not taking time out for rest and meditation on things that are positive.

Terry said...

oh felisol...i am so glad that god sent you kitty to sit by your side and to hug once in a while as you study your bible...so nice...love terry

Felisol said...

Thanks for this 3 minutes retreat, Annie. I have now included it in the main text.

steveroni said...

FELISOL!

When a blogger I have come to 'know' and trust tells me to GO to another site, I GO there.

Of course, you KNOW, meditations interest me all-ways! Being familiar with his kind of 'settling down' I got into it immediately. Next thing I knew--it was over, and I woke up refreshed!!!

Are you certain this guy Peter Russell is not a hypnotist? grin!

steveroni said...

Next I tried to get Annie's suggested URL @ Loyola Press--I might like that even better, it's probably Jesuit-influenced. However I could not access that one...maybe later. Anyone else have a problem with it?

Thanks, Elise!

Felisol said...

Dear Steve,
Thanks for your kind words, your too kind, actually, but I like it.
Thanks for letting me know about the dysfunctional link.
It's repaired now, and it's great.

Amrita said...

Your array of posts here is very good Felisol, meditation, thrift and sharing peace an d beauty.

I will check out the links.

Sheeba is by my side when I have my Quiet Time, an d you know what sometimes she wants attentions an d interupts me too. I scold her for that.

I admire your beautifully laid table.

steveroni said...

FELISOL!
Got it now...two days in a row, I have those 3 minutes even before
C O F F E E ...wonder of wonders! I thank you, did not realize it was bad link...but "...as THE result of..." I LOVE them 3 morning meds!

Silver said...

I like the meditation reminder! I soon get a little distracted with the lovely table stting and those delicious looking cheese!

Smiles,
Silver

Colleen said...

Felisol, this is a beautiful way to begin the new year! I also am always trying to learn form others...it's one thing about blogging that is so precious, how we can share so much. Maybe things we wouldn't speak about face to face sometimes, but we can read them and understand them and hopefully grow a bit.