Thursday, April 12, 2012

Our Father 5


Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.

This is a real hard one. I have a lot of sins on my conscience.
One of them is, I have hard to forgive when I or my family really have been hurt or harmed.
The injustices keep popping up when least expected, and I'm feeling like a looser, because I cannot forget.
Do I have to forgive, when the person hasn't asked for forgiveness?
I try to hide behind that question.
Is remembering and feeling hurt or angry the same as not forgiving?
I mean, I do not wish my evil-doers directly harm. I sometimes think the Lord might let them taste their own medicine. Then I remember my father's warning, "Let only the Lord pass judgement".

Bottom line is; I sorely need forgiveness, therefor I have to try to forgive.
I pray, "help me forgive", when I in my heart know I have not forgiven. One special offense I'd never think I could get past. I prayed this prayer for two years and one day it simply melted away like snow in the spring.

Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.

7 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

I have found that if I give those things to Him..over and over... day after day...you are right..one day I wake up...and they are gone, like melted snow...they don't matter anymore...it doesn't hurt anymore when I touch the scar....but some things take a long long time to get past...a willing heart is part of the solution I think....

Annie Jeffries said...

Dear Elise,

I've come to these posts very late having not been visiting too much lately. What richness I have missed.

Forgiveness has to be the hardest thing God requires of us. To not be able to forgive is to not be able to grow in love, His greatest commandment.

I share this failing. It is a great struggle. But with God, all things are possible.

Love
Annie

Margie said...

so good! its hard to forgive and sometimes accept forgiveness

Terry said...

dear felisol...i am so guilty of this too...do anything you want to me but you had better not be mean to any of my family or friends...
our family was all like that..one time on our way to sunday school. teddy my brother was aggravating betty so bad and he even bit her,[bad boy]..and the man driving us turned around and smacked teddy..betty's eyes were burning fire when she said. "you leave my brother alone, you!"

felisol, we are such frail creatures..we forgive and yet lots of times we can't forget..
how unlike the lord jesus we are..he forgives and he REMEMBERS no more!!
i am enjoying the lords prayer dear friend....love terry

Roan said...

Well said! I have trouble in this area, too. Sometimes it's difficult to forgive.

Amrita said...

I' ve also had trouble in this area. Specially when deeply emotionally wounded. I sometimes still have to bear the consequenses of those hurts, a stab of pain or fear in my heart when i am reminded of them.

People huurt each other without realizing what they are doing , that 's why Jesus prayed Father forgive them for they do not know what they do -

The best thing is to take cover in Jesus when such thoughts come.

You have shared so openly Felisol, God bless you

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Forgiveness is first an act of the will, feelings come later. Wonderful post, love all your beautiful pics!